BizFilings | Reviews by SmallBizGenius
Packages start at $99 + state fees. Free registered agent services for first six months. See review for more details.
- Great value
- Registered agent service free for first six months
- Huge library educational resources
- No hidden fees
- Exceptional customer support
- Three-step signup
- No access to legal advice
Features and Pricing Plan
BizFilings offers three separate pricing packages to those starting or incorporating their business. The Basic package has a fixed price for all states if you’re forming an LLC. Meanwhile, the price and features change with the Standard and Complete packages depending on the state where the company is formed and on the business type you select.
The BizFilings pricing plans are reasonable. The Basic package will set you back only $99 plus state fees. Both the Standard and Complete packages incorporate the same essential features as the Basic package:
- LLC business name verification: Before submitting any documentation, BizFilings checks the state’s database to verify if the desired company name is available or claimed by another company.
- LLC documentation: Preparation and filing of the required formation documents needed to form your company.
- BizComply: Round the clock business monitoring tool and document library provided six months for free.
- BizFilings Registered Agent Service (free for six months): All businesses are legally required to have a registered agent for receiving and handling state, tax, and legal documents. This service has other benefits that will cost you $199/year after the initial six months. You’ll get a discount if you renew the service for two years ($299) or three years ($399).
- Experienced support by phone or chat: Experienced incorporation specialists are available for you to consult with.
- 60-day free trial for ClientBooks: Accounting software
The Standard package has a price range between $159 and $244 plus state fees. BizFilings features for this package include:
- LLC Kit and Seal: These tools help you keep your LLC compliant with state regulations by providing a professional binder with a matching case and customized with the LLC’s name on the spine. There is also an official seal for documentation stamping to signify their authenticity and a membership transfer ledger.
- Sample LLC forms: CD containing sample LLC forms with customizable templates, required documents, and operating agreements that are provided in PDF and Microsoft Word format.
Expedited Processing Service: This service prioritizes your order and speeds up the turn-around time.
During our BizFilings review, we were especially impressed with the comprehensive offer provided by the Complete package. Its price varies between $199 and $434, with additional expenses for state fees. This package includes:
Additional features depending on the state where the LLC is formed.
This is a Bizfilings LLC online compliance management calendar and tool. It helps users with the complexities of staying compliant with state regulations and other requirements.
This is possible thanks to features like:
- Alert Manager: A system that notifies you of any due dates for company compliance events. It allows you to set up multiple notification emails to alert you.
- Company Dashboard: Provides a convenient overview of crucial company information.
- Forms Library: Here, business owners can access, download, and customize crucial company forms that are required for staying compliant with state regulations.
Each package will offer you a trial period to see if this tool is convenient for your business. It will cost you $75 per year, or you’ll get it for free with the Bizfilings registered agent service.
Registered Agent Service
Having a registered agent is a legal requirement for an LLC, corporation, and other types of businesses. The agent is responsible for receiving legal and tax documents on behalf of the organization. However, BizFilings offers additional services when you use their registered agent service:
- Filing alerts for franchise tax and annual reports
- Managed filing services
- BizComply online management tool for free
- Prompt documentation handling
This service is free for the first six months, after which the annual fee is $199. If you choose to renew for two or three years, it will cost you $299 ($99 discount) and $399 ($198 discount), respectively.
The BizFilings incorporation service is fast and straightforward. You can start and incorporate different business types through this service, including an LLC, C Corp, S Corp, nonprofit, LP, and LLP.
If you are worried that the name of your future business might already be taken, BizFilings has a name-checking service. It can also reserve your business name if state regulations permit it. This service will cost you $35 in addition to any state fees that may apply. These reservations are usually valid for up to 120 days.
The next step is choosing the state where you want to form the business. Depending on the state, BizFilings reviews the list of requirements like state fees and mandatory documents.
Then, you are given the option to choose from the packages we already covered and add optional features like rush filing or state-specific ones.
User Reviews and Customer Experience
Considering the significant number of businesses incorporated by BizFilings, there aren’t many online user reviews of the company’s services. They hold an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and have been an accredited business since 1997. The company responds quickly to any complaints that users leave on BBB, and at the time of writing this article, there are only two that are in the process of being resolved.
BizFilings customer support is available through email, phone, and live chat. You can get in touch with their polite and knowledgeable agents on weekdays at any time between 8 a.am. and 7 p.m. Central Time.
Video testimonials on Bizfilings.com praise the customer support team. This highly professional team is quick to assist customers and is probably one of the main reasons why there are hardly any online service complaints. We found the support agents to be very professional and knowledgeable.
How it Stacks Up Against Other LLC Services
BizFilings vs LegalZoom
Both BizFilings and LegalZoom will help you get your company or a nonprofit organization off the ground with their service. LegalZoom offers three different tiers of service, and it’s priced similarly to BizFilings.
But unlike BizFilings, LegalZoom can connect you with an attorney if you have any specific legal inquiries.
LegalZoom is also certified by the Better Business Bureau and holds an A+ rating. However, it has more complaints on the BBB platform, and its customer support team doesn’t offer the same level of assistance that you’ll get from the BizFilings team.
Incfile vs BizFilings
It’s hard to compete with Incfile when it comes to price. They offer Silver packages for $0 plus state fees to form LLCs, S and C corporations, and nonprofits. There are additional perks included with the free package, like customer support, access to your incorporation documentation, and a free registered agent service for an entire year.
Paid packages are more expensive than with BizFilings, but they sweeten the pot by providing banking and bookkeeping services. Incfile has interesting tools for new businesses like tax calculators and a handy checklist for new businesses. However, BBB recently revoked Incfile’s accreditation for not meeting its standards.
The absence of online BizFilings complaints is an impressive achievement by an established company that completed more than 500,000 filings. Even though there is a low number of user reviews, this shouldn’t deter you from using the services.
The company is likely doing such a good job that there is no need to involve a third party, like the Better Business Bureau, to mediate between the user and BizFilings.
The company provides all the tools needed to form an LLC. This is excellent news for entrepreneurs who are looking to get their business off the ground quickly. Bear in mind that you won’t get the extensive resources and the same level of support available at BizFilings with alternatives on the market.
BizFilings Basic package starts at $99 plus state fees. Compared to basic packages from other services, it’s a bit more expensive. Some filing services even offer the starting package for free.
Nevertheless, BizFilings delivers quality service and saves you the trouble of having to deal with piles of paperwork while guiding you through the requirements imposed by the state.
BizFilings is a company established in 1996 that completed more than 500,000 filings. The company was founded by entrepreneurs that are quite familiar with how important it is to have your business compliant with state regulations.
The company’s A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau further confirms its reliability and efficiency.
Having a registered agent is a legal requirement for an LLC. The agent is assigned to receive any legal documents on behalf of the organization. These may include tax notices, subpoenas, and other documents.
In our BizFilings review, we were glad to see this option provided for new businesses. For a price of $35 plus state fees, BizFilings will reserve the name for your organization for up to 120 days.
This will mostly depend on the package purchased from Bizfilings. For the Basic package, you will wait between four to six weeks on average. Standard and Complete packages have a faster filing time, with seven to ten days required to process the request.
Initially set up as Business Filings Incorporated by entrepreneurs Brian Wiegand and Rick Oster in 1996, BizFilings has a long history of helping business owners start and run their companies. In 2002, it became part of the Corporation Trust Company, which has more than 125 years of experience in helping businesses manage their legal compliance responsibilities.
Check out our BizFilings review to find out more about the company that completed over 500,000 fillings and why it stands out from other affordable LLC services.